Monday, September 1, 2008

Thoughts from Berlin

I just wanted to share a few interesting thoughts, which occured today and in the past days here in berlin.

One of the Librarians at the Potsdamer Plats Staats Bibliothek spoke english with a lisp but spoke german without a lisp.

Unfortunately I have seen people with all sorts of Machles Nfk"g, here in Berlin. Blind, dumb, and one frightening looking youngster with, Nebach, completely deformed facial features (Sorry for sharing this but I think the parents should not bring this child into the public. It really gave me a shock, kal vachomer children....) Just wondering why g-d is showing this to me and in of all places here in Berlin

People here are more civilized, for example, the subway doors close once. Not reapetedly like in new york because of people blocking them.....

Each train door is by the push of a button on the door. If you dont push the button, the door dont open. I dont understand why they arent that adavnced in the states.
The button is on either side of the door.

I went sightseeing "by accident", as ND put it. I was on my way to some place when I became aware that the train will not be continuing after the Potsdamer Platz stop, so I get out and there I found myself looking at remnants of the Belin Wall....

E
Currently in Berlin

1 comment:

Mottel said...

Did you check out the Brandenburg Gate? Humboldt University (where the Rebbe went)?